Medley: music, art, nature, health and wellbeing
Welcome to the Medley forum. Please login or register! Thank you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Medley forum. Please login or register! Thank you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin (Isobel)
Admin (Isobel)
Admin
https://medley.forumotion.com

Music and Dementia Empty Music and Dementia

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:22 pm
This #WorldAlzheimersDay, is music a way you could improve life for someone who has dementia? Do you have dementia and find music or song helps you? If so, in what way? Do you feel less depressed when you hear music, or more active? I've seen how important distraction could be for someone with vascular dementia, who became easily agitated or distressed. Sometimes distraction could still her restlessness, if only for a while. Could that distraction come from music? Have you experienced this? It would be great if you could share your experiences or thoughts.
Ronat

Music and Dementia Empty Re: Music and Dementia

Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:19 am
I am looking forward to the challenge of leading my Musical Memories choir online starting in October. But I cannot wait until the day we can be face to face again!
Admin (Isobel)
Admin (Isobel)
Admin
https://medley.forumotion.com

Music and Dementia Empty Great to hear

Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:09 pm
It's great to hear about the Musical Memories choir starting online...could you let us know how you get on? It would be so good to hear whether you think there's a positive side to working online as well as the negatives...for example, is it easier for some people who lack transport or are physically frail to attend? And Musical Memories is a lovely title. do you focus on a particular era, like the years when your participants were young? Good luck!
Sponsored content

Music and Dementia Empty Re: Music and Dementia

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum