Medley: music, art, nature, health and wellbeing
Welcome to the Medley forum. Please login or register! Thank you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Medley forum. Please login or register! Thank you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin (Isobel)
Admin (Isobel)
Admin
https://medley.forumotion.com

Creativity: A Tool for Change? Empty Creativity: A Tool for Change?

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:20 pm
When have you seen art, music or nature used to inspire or to promote a cause, a campaign or a movement? Maybe you were involved with the campaign, or maybe you observed from the sidelines. Was creativity a powerful tool for that movement or cause?
When I reflect on some of the causes I have supported over recent years, the art forms which prove most memorable are cartooning and photography. Cartoons about climate policy or trade justice, using a range of styles to question or to mock political inaction or the rules and systems upon which global trade is built. Some in colour, some in monochrome, some using symbol or imagery, others exaggerated depictions of familiar figures. I still have an advert for Christian Aid's 2004 exhibition of cartoons and illustrations on trade justice.
Then there's photography, for reportage too may become an art form. An image might portray the impacts of climate change, flood or drought. Photography too replaces words. When have you found this to be true?
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum