Medley: music, art, nature, health and wellbeing
Welcome to the Medley forum. Please login or register! Thank you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Medley forum. Please login or register! Thank you.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin (Isobel)
Admin (Isobel)
Admin
https://medley.forumotion.com

Time To Create Empty Time To Create

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:17 pm
Like many people, I began lockdown with great plans. I would be far more creative, do lots of drawing and painting, which I've neglected for too long. Then other commitments intervened (although I have spent some time on my art). But lockdown has demonstrated the power of the visual arts to help across all kinds of settings. From children with no school to attend, crafting rainbows, to art therapy initiatives moving online, lockdown has seen more and more people turning to art or craft.
Has lockdown inspired you to unearth your old paintbrushes or fabrics? Have you attended a virtual art group? Is this open to all or does it draw together people in particular circumstances, like people with depression or with disabilities? Have you spent time painting at home on your own? Or have you actually found that you've become less creative this year? Have the pandemic and its uncertainties distracted you so that you struggle to concentrate on art?
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum